Ready to ball? Volo City DC’s basketball leagues run throughout the year in neighborhoods including U Street, Navy Yard, and more. Our men’s and coed leagues are full court competition in a fast paced, competitive yet social atmosphere. Come out, play in our District basketball leagues, meet new people and head to the sponsor bar afterwards to pump up the jam at the post-game social!
District basketball leagues are a great way to get in shape and really burn some calories! Part of the fun in your Washington DC basketball league is not having to worry about anything else. We’ll take care of everything including referees and team shirts, you just focus on having FUN. Join today!
How to Sign Up
- *Minimum players for a full flag football team depends on type of league.
- 8v8 Coed – 14 Player Min for Team
- 8v8 Mens – 12 Player Min for Team
- If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- *Size of small groups depends on type of basketball league
- 8v8 Coed– 2-13 Players for small group
- 8v8 Mens– 2-11 Players for small group
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in Baltimore!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
- Coed 8 vs 8 leagues are played with a minimum of 3 females on the field at all times.
- You must have a minimum of 5 players to play each week (1 female minimum for coed)
- All flags and other equipment are provided at the fields.
- All referee fees are included in your registration price, no need to bring money to the field.
- Flag football league seasons are 6 weeks + playoffs (all teams make playoffs unless they forfeit 2x)
- Click here for a full list of rules
DC Flag Football League Divisions
- A Division- Slightly more competitive, but still in a social atmosphere
- B Division- Here to have a good time, meet new people. Not very competitive
Ref Fee’s, Equipment & Shirts: Included in the Fee !
Players registered with Volo City DC enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo City Events
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in DC and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!