Join the DC Ping Pong League! Everyone loves Ping Pong at tailgates and awesome backyard barbecues. Join us for a league and perfect your skills for your next gathering! Ping leagues are played all over the city of Washington, DC and are available weekly in various locations including U Street.
Volo City does ping pong like no one else in the city. You don’t just show up, play, and go home at Volo City. You show up, play, and make friends that last a lifetime!
We encourage all teams to intermingle and make friends with each other. The bar for each DC ping pong League is a great place to make that happen.
WHERE WE PLAY
We Play all across the DC! Some of our most popular locations include Spin Bar in Metro Center, as well as leagues in Petworth and H Street Neighborhoods. We have all the above DC Ping Pong Leagues as well as other local neighborhoods! Find your perfect VOLO DC Ping Pong league below!
Upcoming Ping Pong Leagues in Washington DC!
How to Sign Up
- Minimum players for a full cornhole team is 5. If you do not meet this minimum your team will be merged with free agents.
- A Captain must create a team and all the team members must “join” the team. The Captain can pay for everyone or you can split up the fee’s among team members.
- Yes! You can sign up together even if you do not have a full team!
- Have Captain “create team” & Note Estimated Players
- Teammates Join “team” (Before signup deadline)
- Once Registration is closed we will merge you with other small groups and free-agents
- Signing up as a solo player is the best way to meet people in the capital!
- We will place you with a small group and/or other free agents to form a full team after the registration closes.
- If you have a friend that decides to sign up just have them note to be put on the same team as you!
Ping Pong FAQ’s
Ping Pong FAQ
How much does it cost to join a VOlO DC Ping Pong League?
Registration dues vary by location and night. Most leagues range in cost from $30 – $49. This fee covers insurance, permit costs, referees, equipment, player t-shirts, parties, prizes, tons of other Volo City events that we will be hosting throughout the year and helps pay for free kids leagues
Is this a competitive league?
Volo City is a social sports company! Ping Pong can get a little competitive in the heat of the moment, but overall Ping Pong is one of our most social leagues. Taking place at some of the best bars and restaurants in DC. Our Volo Ping Pong leagues are a great place to bring your friends and relax after a long day of work. Some of our venues are dog friendly as well!
What’s a VOLO CITY DC Ping Pong night like?
Tons of fun! On game night you’ll want to arrive 10-15 minutes before your game to meet your teammates and get ready to play. Each team plays Best of 5 Matches, 3 Singles Games and 2 Doubles.
How big is a team?
The minimum number for a Ping Pong team is 5 players. If you do not reach team status fear not, we will merge you with other groups to hit the minimum. Merged teams are generally larger to protect against forfeits. Want a larger or smaller team? You can register as a prepaid team to have as many or as few players on your roster.
Can I Bring A friend?
Absolutely! Just make sure they are wearing a shirt color similar to your team 🙂 During playoffs unfortunately all players must be a registered member of your team.
Are there gender requirements?
Nope! Ping Pong does not have any gender requirements, you need at least 2 players present from the teamt to avoid a forfeit and play
Ping Pong Rules
PING PONG RULES
The rules of Pingpong are pretty simple. We keep it that way because we expect you to be drinking and having a good time, not worrying about how to play. So the less complicated the better, right?
Best out of 5 (3 singles and and 2 doubles)
– You put your top singles player at 1 then second best a t 2, third one at 3 against the other team. Each player can only play one singles match.
If you do not have enough players only that week, the people who played singles can also play doubles. You will have a 1st doubles team and a second doubles team. Only play in 1 singles match and 1 doubles match.
-Games are all up to 21 points straight (meaning if it is 20-20, the next point wins.
-Each player will get 5 serves each, in doubles, you would serve 5, then your opponent, then the OTHER player on the team. Serves can not go over the side of the net.
-If the ball hits the net on a serve and goes in, you redo the serve
-In both doubles and singles, you must let the ball bounce. For doubles you must serve it into the opposite side of the center mark each time. the return players must remain on the same sides for the full game
- 5-12 players make a full team
- Roster minimum: 5 players
- There is no gender minimum for our DC Cornhole league
- Teams play 2 matches per team each week
- Cumulative Scoring, there is no canceling (16 rounds per match)
All teams make the playoffs at the end of the season (unless you forfeit 2x)
All small groups (2-4) & free agents will be merged after registration closes
- Click here for a full list of rules
Players registered with Volo City DC enjoy player perks such as:
- Team T-Shirts
- End of Season Free Beer Party
- Special Sponsor Opportunities (see what can happen in our leagues!)
- Invitation to all Volo City Events
Post Game Social
We are known as the most social league in DC and that’s because we care about the bar experience!
What to expect at the bar
- Food & Drink Specials
- Dedicated space & reserved tables for your league
- League staff at the bar
- When possible, multiple sports will go to the same bar so you can meet lots of new people!